Monday 28 September 2015

Review - Maltamum Party at Quattro, Bugibba

On Saturday I took my LO to the Maltamum party which was being held at Quattro in Bugibba. I was curious about going to Quattro because I had seen its Facebook page and it looked very inviting... and I am pleased to say that it really was. 

It took me a while to find because I don't know my way around Bugibba very well, but then I realised just how easy it really is (it's round the corner from the cinema, effectively) and I was pleasantly surprised at how much parking there was. 

Upon entering the place the first thing you see are jars of old-fashioned sweets - yum! There's a colourful bar area with seating available, and there are also a couple of tables al fresco, but the main attraction lies towards the back of the establishment where there is a large soft play area that is divided into two sections - one is for toddlers and the other is for the slightly older kids. Having said that, the kids tend to mix in each section and it's all very safe. 

Should your toddler venture into the 'older kids' area just keep an eye out for the other kids because they can be rough. Case in point, I saw a boy who pushed my LO down the slide! Thankfully he slid down easily and wasn't at all bothered, but I was, because I saw it happen and saw that the boy did it purposely (Grrr!) Thankfully it was the only incident in the two hours that I was there, and there were quite a few children around so I think that counts as successful :)

The soft play area at Quattro, Bugibba (Malta)
You will need socks for your LO and yourself if you do go into the soft play area. I didn't know this when I went but Quattro are well prepared for this eventuality and sell both baby and adult socks for €1 a pair.

The staff at Quattro are very helpful and friendly which is always such a relief, and they have a very decent menu with plenty of food options that kids will like, and at reasonable prices. With regard to the pricing for playtime, because this was a Maltamum party, entrance was free, but I will definitely go back and then I'll be able to tell you more about that. 

The party in itself was fun and well organised and I think that Quattro was the ideal place for that kind of event. The goody bag at the end was a very sweet touch - literally - as it was a bag of smarties and candy. I'm not too sure how I'd have felt about that had my LO been older and able to 'appreciate' the goodies. It seemed like the ideal set-up for a sugar rush from hell vs. a tantrum from hell if you try to take them away. Thankfully I was able to avoid that by giving him one single marshmallow and then putting the bag away without any reaction. 

Thank you to Elisaveta from Maltamum for the lovely party and I look forward to going to Quattro again for some more fun play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by :) Please do leave a comment and share your thoughts